If you want to set up Google Analytics on WordPress, you have to understand how the audience interacts with your site. It is essential for the success of your website.
Traffic stats will help you to recognize your audience. With Google Analytics, you will get this for free.
Now you will find the way to install Google Analytics on a WordPress website. Here are some tips for setting up Google Analytics on WordPress.
Sign up for Google Analytics
Fortunately, Google Analytics is free. You will need a Gmail or Google account for a free sign-up.
The process for sign up is simple, and here are some step-by-step guidelines to create your account.
- Browse Google Analytics sign up. You have to log in using a Google account. If you have a Gmail or Google account, feel free to use it for sign-in. Else, you can create a new Google account.
- After signing in with a Google account, you will see a welcome screen. Now you can sign-up for Google analytics with a Gmail account.
- Now, you have to provide your account name. You will use this name internally; therefore, a business name may be a great idea.
- You will get the option to select between apps or the web. Make sure to choose web and enter the URL of the website or the website’s name along with time and country zone.
- After entering information, you can tap on the “Next” button. Now, you will read the service and terms of Google Analytics. You have to click on the “I Agree” tab.
You can see a tracking code, copy this code and enter it on the WordPress site.
Leave this tab open because you may have to revisit it after installing the code. Remember, Google Analytics is set up in WordPress.
Install Google Analytics on WordPress
For your assistance, different methods are available to set up Google Analytics in WordPress.
See some suitable and easy ways. Make sure to use only one method to avoid double tracking.
Google Analytics Plugin
A famous Google Analytics plugin is MonsterInsights for WordPress. Zillow, PlayStation, and Bloomberg use it along with millions of other websites.
You can use both a free and a premium plugin. Remember, the pro version of these plugins comes with special features, such as Author tracking, Ad tracking, and E-commerce tracking.
Footers and Headers Plugin
This method is not effective similar to Google Analytics plugin. You have to copy the tracking code of Google Analytics.
Remember, you will get this code at the sign upstage. Now, you have to activate and install the insert footers and headers plugin.
For activation, you have to explore the “Settings – Insert Footers and Headers” page. You will paste the tracking code of Google analytics.
Once you are done, tap on the “Save Changes” button and store settings. Now, you have successfully installed Google Analytics on the website.
Google Analytics Installation in WordPress Theme
For advanced users, it is an effective method. Remember, code will automatically disappear if you update or switch the theme.
If you are a beginner, avoid using this theme. Google Analytics is a powerful tool with numerous features. After sign up, it will be easy for you to set up Google Analytics on WordPress.